Monday, January 25, 2010

Food!!!

Since I'm playing a little catch-up today I thought I'd at least play on a theme... and what better theme than food? Especially sweet food...
This first picture is of a kourambiedes (I'll admit it, I had to look up the spelling... but at least I remembered what they were called). This is a crumbly greek cookie sprinkled in powdered sugar. I first experienced these little guys when I worked at my very favorite job of all time, Patera's Bistro. They were a wonderful family who made delicious food and were so much fun to work with. This particular cookie was from the Greek Fest here in knoxville. It was very fun and we had quite a few treats like this one.

This is, obviously, a chocolate chip cookie. But it is no ordinary chocolate chip cookie. It is a vegan chocolate chip cookie from Tomato Head downtown. Oh, my, goodness. They are so good. I don't know what it is but they make me feel very happy inside (as does pretty much everything at Tomato Head... particularly anything with goat cheese. yum.)

This one is, you guessed it, cereal! It's the off-brand lucky charms (Marshmallow Mateys, which I personally think is a way cooler name... anyone else buy their cereal in the giant bags? I love em.) and for some reason it just inspired a picture. I think it's fun and whimsical and I love the soft pastel-ish colors in it. And it makes me want cereal. I loovvee cereal.

These little beauties are cupcakes from Bubblecake in Roanoke, VA. We had an assortment of bubblecakes last time we went to visit my Aunt and Uncle there. Everything was so amazing and so adorable. I couldn't get over how such simply decorated cupcakes could be so eye-catching, and then taste so fantastic. I'm pretty sure these were vanilla cupcakes with lemon buttercream... So simple, so good. I cannot wait to get back to Roanoke to get some more Bubblecake (and see my family, of course) :)

Well, looks like that's all for today. I'm glad to be caught up and to have internet access back. Thanks for sticking with me through my internet issues and my ridiculous food postings. :)

love to all,
hlm

No comments:

Post a Comment